Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Being in Honiara

It's good to be back in Honiara. This is such a small place I find that I know quite a lot of people and have been happy to see them again. I am also working with an old friend and it is such a change to have someone to work with as usually I am on my own. It also means I have someone to have dinner with each evening ... yay!

For the past couple of weeks Greville & I have been talking to different stakeholders in education in an effort to come up with some sensible suggestions for how they might use distance and flexible learning programmes.

Tomorrow we have to facilitate a workshop and try to get a large group of people to agree on what SI should be doing. Then I guess we'll spend the weekend writing it all up for our report. We also have to generate the actual policy - that's a tricky bit! We are funded by European Union - and their reporting requirements can be a bit cumbersome ... booh!

Maybe next week we'll get a day off - but I doubt it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment