Friday, March 26, 2010

good times

I had a lovely last night in Nairobi - meeting up with old friends. First I caught up with Tony and Flora Okuku who we worked with at the technical college in Botswana. They are Kenyan and returned home just before we left. We didn't have long together but learning of their hectic life in Nairobi made me very grateful to be living in Vancouver. They are both very talented artist/graphic designers and are great fun to be with.

Then I met Harvey and Helga - Harvey was my TeaM Leader in Rwanda and we've kept in touch for years. We had such a good time catching up on news of old freinds and colleagues. Helga has had breast cancer since I last saw her and she looks fantastic. She has really recovered well - she puts it all down to her great treatment at the Marsden Hospital. It was weird - like we'd only seen each other last week. But then, we were a pretty close team in Rwanda - spent a lot of social time together ... and Harvey is a great team leader.

Got to go and catch a plane now - on my way to Windhoek - yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment