Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nasty shock!

So we’re driving from the hotel in Lusaka to the airport – having spent the whole morning rushing around, packing, filling in stolen baggage claim forms, getting photocopies, paying the hotel bill – when suddenly I screamed to the driver “STOP THE CAR!” I’d just realised that I didn’t have my little envelope of US dollars. I searched through all my bags and the nightmare was real – the envelope was not there. “We have to go back” I said and the obliging chap raced back to the hotel. I rushed in and found the porter who helped with my bags and we took the lift up to the top floor – it went so slow! I ran down the corridor and entered the room – and sure enough, up against the inside wall of the safe was my envelope of dollars – PHEW!! I don’t know how I missed it – but I did. Can you imagine how stuck I would be without those?

I was now seriously late for the airport and I still had to submit my baggage claim to SAA as their horrible pilfering staff in Jo’burg cut the lock on my new suitcase and stole my clothes and perfume! Brand new bag which John told me not to buy for this very reason – don’t you just hate it when men are right? Especially when it means you lose your new Chanel!!!

The driver drove like Jensen Button to get me to the airport – the lady at SAA said “go and check in while I process your claim” – I dashed through security and when I checked in the assistant told me the KQ flight was delayed by 2 hours!

How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment