Tuesday, May 25, 2010

sad story of Jamaica

Before I went to Jamaica, my impression of Kingston was one of violence, drugs and gang rule. If you are a regular reader of V-F-V then you will know that my experience was not like that at all and was very positive.

Now I see in the news that the streets are being ruled by gangs, people are getting killed and the authorities have little authority. All because the US wants a drug lord extradited. The people are protecting him because he provides for them in a way that the government does not. But he does so with money earned by selling drugs to users in the US. It is yet another example of the steps this world is taking towards anarchy and ultimately an apocalypse.

I am thinking of my friends Anita, Gordon, Jeanette, Halden in Kingston. I hope and I trust that they are safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment