Thursday, February 18, 2010

sunset activity

I went out of my hotel just before sunset (I'm in Kingston, Jamaica, by the way) to look at a park over the road. When I got there, I had the most amazing experience. The park was beautiful with lots of brightly coloured bougainvillia and palm trees ... but it was also laid out with a walking/running path and was full of people, young and old, taking their daily exercise. The atmosphere was fantastic. There was a cool breeze and people were busy in groups and on their own, running, walking, some doing yoga, others doing pushups and stretches. A few people sat on benches and some schoolchildren were gathered in the middle of the park.

Of course I joined in and walked a couple of turns ... the path is marked so you can count the kms if you want to. I can't really explain it but it was peaceful and energising and just a really nice place to be. It's called Emancipation Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment